Press release from Business Wire India
Wednesday, April 21, 2010 04:23 PM IST (10:53 AM GMT)
Editors: General: Consumer interest; Business: Advertising, PR & marketing, Banking & financial services, Business services, Education & training, Information technology; Technology
Infor Expands Presence in Asia-Pacific with Center of Excellence in India
Professional Services and Product Development Center Delivers Enhanced Value to Customers
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India, Wednesday, April 21, 2010 -- (Business Wire India) -- Jim Schaper, Chairman and CEO of Infor, the leading provider of business software for growth-oriented companies, today inaugurated the Infor Center of Excellence (CoE) in Hyderabad, India. Among other functions, the facility will house a dedicated team of experts in Infor's Global Professional Services Organization to deliver greater value to customers, including increased implementation efficiency and customer response times. In addition, the CoE demonstrates Infor's commitment to India and the Asia-Pacific region, a key to Infor's strategic growth.
-- Infor is focused on expanding its presence in India and the Asia-Pacific region by increasing its staff, channel partners and customer base in the area.
-- Approximately 550 employees will staff the CoE, concentrated in:
- Professional Services - Infor's professional services team helps customers reduce the cost of ownership, focus on strategic IT initiatives, maximize systems availability, reduce risk, gain rapid time to value for new projects, and keep pace with evolving business priorities.
- Product Development - Infor continually enhances and improves its solutions to meet customers' shifting business needs, address changes in regulatory requirements and help companies achieve greater operational efficiency.
- Support - Engineers provide support to Infor customers in the Asia-Pacific region as well as overflow and off-peak support to customers in EMEA.
- Shared Finance Services - A team will support Infor's global internal finance structure, reporting to Infor's CFO and driving organizational and financial efficiencies.
- Additional Internal Support - Teams will support Infor's global operations in human resources, IT development, IT help, finance, and administration.
-- The India CoE provides an important component to Infor's business strategy by leveraging an experienced and knowledgeable talent pool to develop implementation best practices and solution customization that meet individual customers' needs.
What We Say
"India is not only a rapidly growing market for businesses, it is also a fertile ground for talented software and service developers, proficient in English, and able to support the operations of a global company like Infor," said Jim Schaper, Chairman and CEO, Infor. "Our new Center of Excellence here in Hyderabad will enable us to provide new and growing customers best-in-class professional services consulting and support."
Note: registration may be required to access online content
-- Infor Professional Services Website - http://www.infor.com/services/
At Infor, we work with a core belief. We believe in the customer. We believe that the customer is seeking a better, more collaborative relationship with its business software provider. And a new breed of business software: created for evolution, not revolution. Software that's simple to buy, easy to deploy and convenient to manage. Our 70,000 customers in more than 100 countries stand with us. We look forward to your sharing in the results of our belief. There is a better way. For additional information, visit www.infor.com.
Varghese Cherian, Edelman India, +91 9560432266, firstname.lastname@example.org
CONSUMER, MARKETING, BANKING, BUSINESS SERVICES, EDUCATION, IT, TECHNOLOGY
If you wish to change your Business Wire India selection please click on this link http://www.businesswireindia.com/media/news.asp and use your personal username and password to login.
Submit your press release at http://www.businesswireindia.com